Can’t type, eating doughnuts…
Perfect Baked Chocolate Donuts via Crazy for Crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, soda, salt, stevia and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla in a measuring cup. Whisk into dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter to a large gallon size resealable bag. Cut off one tip and pipe into donut pan OR carefully spoon into pan.
- Recipe makes 6 donuts in a regular donut pan. You can also make these as mini muffins. Baking time will be affected.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until a toothpick just comes out clean. Let cool in pans for about 10 minutes, then carefully remove and EAT! Or top with glaze or sugar.
This is my third and most successful doughnut recipe, and I really should have doubled it. I avoided glaze to cut down on the sugar content, but a dark chocolate glaze with almonds would be beautiful. Here’s one I tried earlier:
Chocolate Glaze via King Arthur Flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt the ingredients together over low heat or in the microwave, stirring often.
Yield: about 1/2 cup glaze. The original calls for light corn syrup, but it’s not
necessary unless you prefer shiny doughnuts.
Top with sliced almonds, sprinkles or whatever takes your fancy.